Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

A mum's eternal love...


Three days ago, we had surgery and internal disease classes at the 7th hospital. As usual, we would hurry and walk as fast as our little legs could carry us towards the bus stop opposite the book market. We were 10 minutes late that day, however, luck was on our side when the specific "mashrudka" stopped before our eyes just as we crossed the road. Alhamdulillah. Together, me and my three classmates enlighted the bus.

A few bus stops later, a woman and her daughter stepped in. The girl was shivering. Her mum was cuddling her with a big, thick, wool scarf as tight as she could. Though there were two empty seats at the moment, the mum would not allow her little darling to sit alone, and insisted the girl to sit on her lap. She carressed her daughter's blond hair, and together they were reciting somewhat a poem ( the girl held a piece of paper in her hands - her homework perhaps ). A few minutes later, they were off the bus - but the picture was still lingering in my mind.

What i saw may seem normal to some eyes - however, for me, it brought me back to memory lane. Those days when mum would let me sit in front of the mirror, and she would comb my hair, do a "tocang" or ponytail (sometimes a bunch of them) and twist it, and pat some Johnson's & Johnson's talc powder onto my cheeks. Next, I would be munching a toast spread with Vitalite margarine (it was my favorite - up till now), gulp down a glass of fresh milk, and off I'd head to school with my lunchbox, eager to know what mum had packed for me that day. Owh and yeah, though school was just an eyeview away, she would still be sending me till I reach the big school gate and enter the classroom. I'd wave her bye-bye, and she'd be smiling to see me safe sitting on my chair till the teacher steps in for the day's lessons. Those were the good old days that I trully miss. I was approximatly six years old (primary two in Scotland) at that moment, still far away from who I am now. And when I think about, could I ever be a great mum like my mum?



These photo's were taken 3 years ago, when i was in form 5. My family giving me full support for my Public Speaking Competition. No one can ever replace them in my heart. Nie yang rindu nak balik malaysia nie. Dahla raye lagi seminggu je. Sob sob :(

No comments: